Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Thing About Mountains

4:30am was when I woke up today
5:45 the team met in the lobby
6:03 we departed to drive to the first big camp
Today was a very long and busy day! The drive was about 4 hours through the mountains.  Now if you have driven through the mountains at all you know that it is very different than just driving on the highway. The roads are dirt, bumpy, and very curvy.  I have been hearing about these roads for many years but experiencing them was quite another thing.  You also have to know that I have NEVER been prone to motion sickness.  I am a roller coaster, swings, any ride at the fair/amusement park kind of girl so I definitely didn't think I would have any issues with this part of the trip.

It's funny because God has a way of keeping us humble:) I made it about 3 hours in when we stopped for a break and I had to ask someone for Dramamine!  I felt woozy the rest of the ride there and part of the ride back to the 3rd hotel we are staying in.  The people were great and the day was a success in many ways, but I definitely am a little bummed to know that I can get motion sick:(

At this point I have been up for over 14 hours with a lot of sunshine(a good thing), 85 degrees an very humid weather(seriously my hair is crazy), and doing physically exhausting things.  This trip is very exhausting, but it is very good and enjoyable too. I can't wait for sleep:)

Tomorrows driving may be worse, so please pray for me that I don't get sick and that we have safe travels.  Thanks so much!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the motion sickness...and praying for relief!

    ReplyDelete