Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Heading Home

Today is the day of traveling home. This trip went by so fast and I am definitely going to miss Thailand, my amazing team, and the people.  The flight from Chaing Mai to Seoul was about 5 1/2 hours and I was able to sleep for about half of it!!! Yay!  The next flight will be in about 3 hours and last about 13 hours.  Then finally the drive from Chicago to my house.  By the time I am home I will have been traveling in some way for about 25 hours.  I am hope to sleep for part of the next flight so I can be feeling somewhat normal for Thanksgiving Day:). I am so excited for thanksgiving food... You don't even know!

As a team we did a "debriefing" time Wednesday afternoon at the hotel and it was a fascinating experience to hear each persons perspective of the trip.  We talked about highs and lows and just what we feel/sense God doing in us through the trip.  It was funny because all the lows were extremely minor and some people didn't even have a low.  There were many highs some of mine were:
How easy it was to come together as a team and the relationships that we built
Being able to sleep solid most nights that we were there, especially in less than ideal circumstances
Meeting all the wonderful people in Thailand and experiencing the culture.  (The Thai people are so friendly!)
The amazing worship times we had several of the mornings

I know it is going to take a little while to transition back into my "normal" life, and in some ways I hope I don't stay the same.  I was asked by our leader if the trip was what I was expecting since I have been hearing about it for so long, and my answer was "not at all".  Hearing about something and seeing photos and actually experiencing a trip and meeting those faces are two VERY different things.  There were many things that I was surprised by an others that I just wasn't picturing....if you want to know more I would love to share in person with anyone who is interested.  Overall though, the trip was amazing and I know I will go back to Thailand in the future:)

No comments:

Post a Comment