Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Perfect Timing

I am counting down the hours until I leave my house so naturally my house is a mess with stuff everywhere:). Not only am I packing for a 9 day trip in a foreign country that I don't know much about, where the weather is also a bit of a mystery(other than what I am seeing on Weatherbug), and I am actually not totally certain of the activities I will be embarking on while I am there; I am also still unpacking from moving 2 weeks ago!

As much as I have felt a bit crazy with everything going on kind of all at once, I actually think God had this all planned out.  You see, I am by nature a perfectionist which means a few things....
1) I make lists and expect myself to complete them in a timely manner
2) I am also a natural worrier
3) I tend to try and think of every possible outcome and attempt to plan for each of them
That being said, the reason I believe God has this timing planned is because of the amount of organizing and planning moving residence takes, I haven't had much time to think/worry about this trip.  Of course I have been "planning" for the trip since I knew I was going, but I haven't had a lot of random thinking time to drive myself nuts with "what ifs".  For that I am SO grateful.  I feel like I am going into this trip on a much better mindset than I was last year when I went to Beijing.

I still have a lot to do with packing and measuring/weighing luggage and running a few last minute errands tomorrow, but I am not worried about this trip...like AT ALL!  That in and of itself is an amazing feat for me:)

I am sure I will say this each post, but I really appreciate the love, support, and prayers I have felt from each of you through the past few months!
I covet your prayers the next 2 weeks also.  Please pray for rest(sleep), focus, and safety/ease in traveling.

Tammy
Clothing donations for the orphanage.

No comments:

Post a Comment